The RAM Distribution Lab is closed effective immediately until further notice. Please order your RAM from other vendors.
Whenever possible, order your radioactive material directly from EHRS.
All other orders must be approved by EHRS before the order is placed, including purchases from a radioactive material vendor, gifts, transfers from another internal Licensee, and transfers from another institution.
***If you are placing an order for S-35 to be filled by EHRS, our stock schedule has changed and we will order this material on an as-needed basis. You must submit your order by NOON AT LEAST ONE DAY BEFORE you need it. The process of ordering through RadSaf has not changed.
EHRS has upgraded to a new radiation user database, RadSaf, and the interface will be new to users. Please refer to instructions (pdf) for obtaining an approval number or for ordering from EHRS' Radiation Distribution Lab.
Important: If you are ordering from an outside vendor, this process gives you approval to purchase, and will provide a requisition number (approval number), but does NOT actually place the order. That should be done through the normal ordering process for your lab. Refer to the User Guides for complete instructions on ordering.
The Radiation Distribution Lab is a University service center operated by EHRS. We provide commonly used radioactive compounds to researchers at the University of Pennsylvania and affiliated institutions operating under our PADEP license. EHRS purchases P-32 and S-35 in bulk and distributes the material in smaller quantities to researchers.
Benefits of ordering through the Radiation Distribution Lab include:
- Discount prices
- No shipping costs
- Reduced regulatory requirements in regard to shipping -- No package wipe test
- Pick up the same day that you order*
- Products from established radioactive material vendors
- 24-hour ordering via EHRS website
*Except for S-35 methionine and alpha UTP. See the Lab Hours section for additional ordering information.
- Monday - Thursday: 10:00 am -12:00 pm (noon). Please place orders by 9:00 am.*
- Friday: 1:30-3 pm. Please place orders by 12:00 pm (noon).*
- Closed: All University Holidays
*If you are placing an order for S-35 methionine or alpha UTP, our stock schedule has changed and we will be ordering those compounds on an as-needed basis. You must submit your order by NOON AT LEAST ONE DAY BEFORE you need it. The process of ordering through RadSaf has not changed.
Order a lock box:
All stock material must be locked when in storage. The lock box must be secured to the refrigerator/cabinet. You may purchase a lock box from EHRS.
All products are:
- From Perkin Elmer.
- Packaged in a shelf-shielded, Perkin Elmer NENSure TM vial for safety and convenience.
- Shipped at ambient temperature and refrigerated upon receipt.
|Met/Cys Express Mix||11||1175||NEG7720|
An account may be established for a Principle Investigator who has a Radioactive Materials License.
To set up your account, please contact Eileen Normoyle at 215-898-2134 or email@example.com with the following information:
- Username and password. (The username and password will be established during the initial phone call).
- Billing contact name and phone number.
- Account information (26 digit BENBUYS account number for University labs)
Purchases are billed monthly.