Last Revised: September 05, 2023
All online Radiation Safety training programs are available through the link below. (You do NOT need a user name or password)
Please see these instructions if you have any issues completing the training or registering for the courses. Please make sure to choose the appropriate course from the list in the training module. Descriptions are included to determine which courses apply.
*Please allow 2 business days for your training course completion to be updated in KnowledgeLink. However, your course completion WILL NOT be updated in Workday Learning. The email confirmation that you received after completion of the course will serve as your Certificate of Completion. That email is the only confirmation of course completion that you will receive; if you did not receive it, please contact us at 215-898-7187.
To check the status of your training please log in to your lab/department RadSaf account (the same account that you use to order radioactive material or request a waste pickup) and select Reports: Most Recent Training Record.
My name doesn't doesn't appear in the trainee information search even though I'm already an employee.
- Your name should only appear in the “Trainee Information” search results if you have completed radiation training in the past. If you have never taken radiation training from EHRS, register as a new radiation user.
I did the on-line training but my records still have not been updated in Workday Learning. What should I do?
- Radiation Safety training is NOT available through KnowledgeLink or Workday Learning. Radiation Safety training course completions are uploaded to KnowledgeLink every 1-2 business days. However, Radiation Safety training course completions are NOT uploaded to Workday Learning. The email confirmation that you received after completion of the course will serve as your Certificate of Completion. That email is the only confirmation of course completion that you will receive; if you did not receive it, please contact us at 215-898-7187.
I work in a laboratory where RAM is used and/or stored, but I will not be handling any radioactive material. Do I need to complete radiation safety training?
- No. Only those working with radiation are required to complete Radiation Safety training.
We have a new worker in our laboratory. What needs to be done before he/she can begin working with radioactive materials?
- Before a new worker can begin working with radioactive materials, he or she must complete Radiation Safety Initial Training for new workers, and receive specific handling instructions from the Licensee or other trained radiation worker.
- For more information on registering and training new radiation workers, please refer to the Radiation Safety User's Guide.
What is ALARA training?
- ALARA training ANNUAL training held by the Licensee. This training is in addition to annual EHRS training. Each licensee must hold an in-lab training session to review their experimental protocols, work habits, and available safety equipment. Documentation of an ALARA training session is required. The topics covered, the date, and the names of attendees must be recorded and available in the lab's records. Standard forms for documenting ALARA training can be downloaded from our website.
The PI of our laboratory is never in the lab. Is he or she required to complete EHRS training?
- Yes. The Licensee is responsible for being up to date on Radiation Safety requirements. Each Licensee is responsible for the health and safety of persons using RAM under his/her license, assuring that workers are properly trained, and assuring that work is done in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.