- All shippers must be trained!
A shipper is someone that does any of the following duties:
- Marking and labeling packages
- Filling packages
- Accepting packaging for shipping
- Supervising shipping activities
- Preparing shipping documentation
- Loading truck
Please find detailed information below for training requirements
Shippers can register for instructor-led shipping training in KnowledgeLink
NEW: On-line Shipping Training is now available as a substitute in KnowledgeLink during the University shutdown.
This instructor-led training is for Laboratory Staff and Faculty that ship various biological material (pathogens, recombinant vectors, infected cell, tissue, etc.) with or without dry ice.
- Instructor-led training is offered monthly, located in the EHRS office. Register through KnowledgeLink
On-line Shipping Training is now available in KnowledgeLink as a substitute to instructor-led training during the University shutdown:
Shipping of Hazardous Materials and Dangerous Goods for Laboratory Staff - EHRS -Online
- Training may be scheduled for large groups
- Instructor-led training is required every 2 years
Certificates will be issued after completion of the training program. Keep these on file. An enforcement agency may ask to review your training records at any time.
How often must you be trained?
All shippers of biological material or dry ice must be retrained every 2 years or when regulations change in accordance with IATA regulations.