April 14, 2020
Revised: April 29, 2020 with updated symptoms and made consistent with Penn's lab worker policy
Revised: May 20, 2020 to reflect new guidance on temperature from Philadelphia Department of Health.
During this emergency period non-affiliates access to Penn buildings should be limited to support for essential research or repair and/or calibration of essential equipment critical to life safety. Sales calls and product demonstrations, even those related to critical research, should be conducted remotely when possible.
Non-emergency Vendor visits should be scheduled by Penn personnel in advance. All vendors coming on campus must abide by the following:
Daily Health Screening
Early detection of illness can prevent the spread of COVID-19 to your colleagues. Vendors must monitor their health daily. Do not enter a Penn Building if:
- Temperature exceeds 99.8 F when measured with a household thermometer
- If you are unable to take your temperature, evaluate if you have signs/symptoms of a fever: sweating, chills and shivering, headache, muscle aches, loss of appetite, irritability, dehydration and general weakness.
- Shortness of breath or a cough within the last 14 days
- Loss of smell or taste
- Sore throat
- Anyone in your household has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has demonstrated COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days.
- You have had close contact (within 6 feet for 10 or more minutes) with anyone outside your home who has a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis or COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days.
- See https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- Face masks must be worn at all time while on Campus to abide by Penn’s Universal Mask Policy.
- Physical Distancing of six feet should be maintained.
- Good hand hygiene should be practiced
Please notify your Penn contact if you develop these symptoms within two days of working in a Penn. EHRS is performing critical contact tracing for the University of Pennsylvania. Report all Suspected/Probable/Confirmed cases to EHRS 215-898-4453 (24 hours)